~ Read More About This Discover Hawaii Tour Before You Make Your Booking Online ~
The Complete Pearl Harbor Experience departing Kona, Hawaii
The Complete Pearl Harbor Experience from Kona, Hawaii
About Your Tour
Travel back in time and immerse yourself in the most comprehensive Pearl Harbor tour available today. The tour includes main sites plus the museums and waterside exhibits at Pearl Harbor Visitor Center. Relive key moments of this historic global conflict, from the December 7, 1941 attack on Pearl Harbor that propelled the U.S. into the war, to the September 2, 1945 Japanese surrender that ended WWII.
This momentous day begins at the USS Arizona Memorial. Watch the moving documentary and learn about the 1,177 seamen who perished when the Japanese bombed and sank the USS Arizona. Ride the Navy vessel out to the iconic white Memorial suspended over the sunken battleship – the final resting place for these lost heroes. Witness the names and ranks of these brave seamen etched in marble on the Remembrance Wall in the Shrine Room. Look into the harbor and watch the oil droplets – “The Black Tears of the Arizona” – that continue to rise from the sunken battleship after nearly eight decades.
You’ll go aboard the USS Missouri – the “Mighty Mo” – and stand where the Japanese surrendered while the ship was in Tokyo Bay, Japan on September 2, 1945. Learn about the dent caused by the crashing Kamikaze pilot, note the massive guns capable of firing shells over 20 miles, and hear about the Mighty Mo’s five decades of service.
Tour the USS Bowfin Submarine — the “Pearl Harbor Avenger” — launched one year after the Pearl Harbor attack on December 7, 1942. Go below and experience life in a WWII era sub, visit the museum, and honor the lost seamen and submarines at the waterfront memorial.
The exciting adventure concludes with a tour through Historic Downtown Honolulu. Our expert guide will share stories about Hawaii’s royal family while pointing out famous regal landmarks including Iolani Palace, Kawaiahao Church, and the statue of King Kamehameha the Great.
Join us for the Complete Pearl Harbor Experience. Book today and make memories to last a lifetime.
Tour Tips & Details
DEPARTURE & RETURN TIMES:
Depart: 7:00 am * | Return: 8:00 pm *
*All Tour Times Approximate
- Round trip airfare between Kona, Hawaii Big Island and Honolulu, Oahu
- Round trip ground transportation on Oahu
- Admissions and tickets
No host lunch available at Pearl Harbor
- Check in at Kona Airport one hour before flight time
- Passport or U.S. government issue I.D. required for airline boarding
- Shirt and footwear required. No swim wear.
WHAT TO BRING
- Sunscreen, hat, sunglasses
- Comfortable shoes
- Purses and bags are not allowed inside Pearl Harbor Historic Parks due to security precautions.
- All bags may be stored for a nominal fee at the entrance to the Park.
- The 23-documentary film contains content that may be emotional for some visitors.
- The USS Arizona Memorial experience features a 10-15 Navy vessel ride to the Memorial.
- The USS Missouri features a two-story flight of stairs onto the deck. There are also two elevators on the entry Brow.
- Ladders are steep and handholds can be difficult.
- Visitors should be able to walk four city blocks.
- Sites are subject to close due to stormy weather.
- Locations visited: WWII Valor in the Pacific Monument, Pearl Harbor, Ford Island, Arizona Memorial, Battleship Missouri, Bowfin Submarine Museum, Pacific Aviation Museum, Downtown Honolulu
- Difficulty Level: Easy
- Time Spent at Memorials: Arizona Memorial: 2 hours; Battleship Missouri: 2 hours; Bowfin Submarine: 1 hour; Pacific Aviation Museum: 1 hour
NOTE: The Memorials are places of honor, inspiration, reflection, and quiet contemplation commemorating those who died during the attack of December 7, 1941. Visitors are asked to assist in maintaining an atmosphere of decorum and respect.
Due to airline tickets restrictions, all tours which include airfare are non-refundable once the reservation is purchased. Airline tickets are non-changeable and non-transferable.
We cannot be held responsible for and cannot extend financial reimbursement for delays caused by factors such as traffic, weather, mechanical issues, or problems concerning Navy-operated shuttle boats. Access to the Arizona Memorial is first-come first-served, We cannot guarantee admission and cannot issue refunds if access to any tour stop is denied for any reason.
This tour involves inter-island flights, we are required by Federal law to provide the Transportation Security Administration the full names, date of birth and gender of all passengers. U.S. citizens must present a current government issued pictured ID and international visitors are required to have a valid passport. Regrettably, we are unable to refund any portion of the tour due to non-compliance of these federal regulations. For more information on what is required to fly within the United States, please visit the following website. http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/index.shtm