~ Read More About This Discover Hawaii Tour Before You Make Your Booking Online ~
Battleships of World War II departing Maui
Battleships of World War II departing Maui
About Your Tour
Experience an epic journey back in time that starts with the December 7, 1941 Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor that catapulted the U.S. into World War II and finishes with the September 2, 1945 surrender that ended the global conflict.
As you arrive at Pearl Harbor, the USS Arizona Memorial Experience begins with the 23-minute documentary about the attack. Learn how 1,177 seamen tragically perished when the USS Arizona was bombed and sank within minutes. Next, a Navy vessel will transport you across the harbor to the USS Arizona Memorial suspended over the sunken battleship – the final resting place for those fallen heroes. Step aboard the Memorial and notice an air of quiet contemplation and honor. Pay your respects to these brave seamen in the Shrine Room where their names and ranks are etched in marble. And look into the harbor where oil drops – “Black Tears of the Arizona” – continue to rise to the surface from the hull after nearly 80 years.
The tour continues at the USS Missouri – “The Mighty Mo” – where the Japanese formally surrendered on September 2, 1945 while the ship was in Tokyo Bay, Japan, bringing WWII to its final close. You’ll be amazed by the massive guns capable of firing shells over 20 miles and learn the story of the dent caused by a crashing Kamikaze pilot.
Leaving Pearl Harbor, the tour continues to Historic Downtown Honolulu where your expert guide will discuss Hawaii’s royal history while pointing out famous landmarks associated with islands’ time as a kingdom: Iolani Palace, Kawaiahao Church, King Kamehameha the Great Statue, and Aliiolani Hale.
From WWII history to Hawaii’s royal past, few tours compare to the Battleships of World War II at Pearl Harbor. Book this inter-island tour from Maui today.
Tour Tips & Details
DEPARTURE & RETURN TIMES
Depart 7 am* | Return: 8 pm*
*All times are approximate
- Round trip airfare between Kahului, Maui and Honolulu, Oahu
- Round trip ground transportation on Oahu
- Admissions and tickets
- Passport or U.S. government issue I.D. required for airline boarding
- Shirt and footwear required. No swim wear.
WHAT TO BRING
- Sunscreen, hat, sunglasses
- Comfortable shoes
- Purses and bags are not allowed inside Pearl Harbor Historic Parks due to security precautions.
- All bags may be stored for a nominal fee at the entrance to the Park.
- The 23-documentary film contains content that may be emotional for some visitors.
- The USS Arizona Memorial experience features a 10-15 Navy vessel ride to the Memorial.
- The USS Missouri features a two-story flight of stairs onto the deck. There are also two elevators on the entry Brow.
- Ladders are steep and handholds can be difficult.
- Visitors should be able to walk four city blocks.
- Sites are subject to close due to stormy weather.
- Locations visited: WWII Valor in the Pacific Monument, Pearl Harbor, Ford Island, Arizona Memorial, Battleship Missouri
- Difficulty Level: Easy
- Time Spent at Memorials: Arizona Memorial: 2 hours; Battleship Missouri: 2 hours
NOTE: The Memorials are places of honor, inspiration, reflection, and quiet contemplation commemorating those who died during the attack of December 7, 1941. Visitors are asked to assist in maintaining an atmosphere of decorum and respect.
Due to airline tickets restrictions, all tours which include airfare are non-refundable once the reservation is purchased. Airline tickets are non-changeable and non-transferable.
We cannot be held responsible for and cannot extend financial reimbursement for delays caused by factors such as traffic, weather, mechanical issues, or problems concerning Navy-operated shuttle boats. Access to the Arizona Memorial is first-come first-served, We cannot guarantee admission and cannot issue refunds if access to any tour stop is denied for any reason.
This tour involves inter-island flights, we are required by Federal law to provide the Transportation Security Administration the full names, date of birth and gender of all passengers. U.S. citizens must present a current government issued pictured ID and international visitors are required to have a valid passport. Regrettably, we are unable to refund any portion of the tour due to non-compliance of these federal regulations. For more information on what is required to fly within the United States, please visit the following website. http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/index.shtm