We are known to provide the best Arizona Memorial Tours in Hawaii. Every day around 4,000 tourists visits this extraordinary place to pay their respects to the fallen soldiers who died while fighting for the country on December 7, 1941, when Japanese force attacked Pearl Harbor. The USS Arizona Memorial is built over the remains of the sunken battleship USS Arizona, the final resting place for many of the 1,177 crewmen killed on December 7, 1941 when their ship was bombed by the Japanese Naval Forces.
PearlHarborOahu.com has brought some of the best advice so that you can have the most memorable time here. It is important to keep in mind that the National Park Service gives out over 1,300 free walk up tickets each day on a first come, first serviced basis. In case you have not booked your movie/boat tickets required at the USS Arizona Memorial, make sure that you either book them in advance or you the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center early. We can help you book your tickets and admissions so that you do not have to waste your time and energy by standing in a ques.
Once you are at the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center, our tour guide will take you to the National Park Service’s ticket counter where you can get the movie and boat shuttle tickets to the USS Arizona Memorial.
There are free tours available to the USS Arizona Memorial daily from 7:30 am to 3 pm. It also involves a moving 23 minute documentary film on the history of the politics, the people and the attack on Oahu. After the film, you will be taken on a US Navy operated boat ride to the USS Arizona Memorial. Together, the movie and boat tour to the USS Arizona Memorial takes approximately 75 minutes.
USS Arizona Memorial Experience Highlights
- You will get to travel on a navy vessel to reach the USS Arizona Memorial on Battleship Row.
- See the “Black Tears of the Arizona” which is the oil seeping out from the sunken hull of the USS Arizona for 76 years.
- Witness the historical artifacts, memorabilia, and dramatic photography documenting the attack.
- Get to visit the gift shop for souvenirs, WWII memorabilia, and books.
Tips for Visiting the USS Arizona Memorial
- Use the Go Oahu Card as it has a free headset for the audio tour by showing the card at the audio kiosk close to the ticket counter
- Go Oahu Card will help you to get entry to the other Pearl Harbor Historic Sites
- Because of security, you cannot take any concealable bag but you can use the lockers
- Strollers are not allowed inside the theater, shuttle boat, or on the USS Arizona Memorial. However, the places are wheelchair accessible.
- Any type of food or beverage is not allowed inside the theater, on the shuttle boat, and at the memorial except the clear bottled water.
- You can take the audio tour available in nine languages such as English, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, French, Russian, Italian, German and Spanish.